Why Builders Use The ProHome New Home Construction Warranty Service
As a prospective Home Buyer, visiting several models, subdivisions, and Builders, many things are weighed as you evaluate and finally make your decision to build and who to build with.
Because customer service is so important to our builders, they have followed the lead of some of the best Home Builders in the nation and hired ProHome to thoroughly inspect their homes prior to delivery and to assist their valued Homeowners through their entire warranty period. There are many positive reasons to have an independent 3rd party involved in the delivery and warranty process for our homeowners.
- Having an inspection of your home prior to closing by an independent 3rd party verifies your home was built to “Residential Performance Guidelines” making the Builder accountable for delivering a quality product.
- ProHome inspects the home, along with the Homeowner, and thoroughly trains each Homeowner on all of the products installed in their new home.
- ProHome understands the value of tracking and documenting every conversation between Homeowner, Subcontractors, and Builders for future reference.
- ProHome makes available, an online access for Homeowners, Subcontractors, and Builders to view outstanding and completed work orders 24/7 through an Internet based ProHome system.
- ProHome performs additional quality warranty walks, at the Homeowner’s request, after 30 days of closing and again at the 11th month, to document, take pictures, and start the process for repair of each warranted issue defined.
- ProHome provides 24/7 emergency service to give new Homeowners the peace of mind that their emergency issue is important and followed through to completion.
- ProHome provides statistical analysis of all past warranty issues to their Builders so future potential problems can be corrected prior to becoming a reoccurring issue.
- ProHome interprets the warranty for our Homeowners based on national guidelines and always tries to error on the side of the Homeowner and not on what a Builder feels should be passable.
A Word of Caution
You should always ask your prospective Builder what type of warranty process they have in place. If there is no Internet access to track your claims and documentation and they only provide a Contractor’s phone number for emergency service to let you fend for yourself, then there is a problem. Our current builders, who use an independent 3rd party “Customer Service Department” like ProHome, understand the value of good customer service and standing behind the products they build.
Click on the images below to view larger versions.